Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Babies, Blankets & Bamboo

I'm a brand new grandma! Funny, I don't feel that old. Can't wait to see the new little baby boy, Brendan born on his due date, March 15. Here he is on his way home from the hospital.

I've always found it annoying when new grandmothers pulled out the baby pictures to show everyone. Now I finally get it! So now who's annoying everyone? Isn't he just the cutest baby you've ever seen!? Oh well, I'm just a bit biased.

Corey, my son and his wife Jenn, live in Pittsburgh. I won't get there until April which is truly a bummer. But I'm so looking forward to this next chapter of my life.

Of course I had to weave something for my little Brendan too. So I tried the new "bamboo yarn" -- oh so soft and yummy! I hand painted and wove it into a blanket to match the colors of his room. This is a great yarn and weaves into an extremely soft fabric. It's semi-medium weight which is perfect for a baby in the warmer months. It took the dye nicely too -- a little brighter than a cotton. The fabric feels like something between cotton and silk -- love it!

To order your own Bamboo yarn or kits to knit or weave, check out my friend Irene's company, Cotton Clouds www.cottonclouds.com and tell her I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment