Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Judi Vest

Since I first started teaching weaving on the rigid heddle loom, I've wanted to  create a garment pattern for those new-ish weavers who are tired of weaving scarves and table runners and are limited to a 15-inch rigid heddle loom. The most common size purchased by new weavers.
I decided to offer the pattern as a class to help test the idea with my students. Their vests all turned out so beautiful, don't you think?

And now the pattern is up on my Etsy store. Included with the pattern are worksheets to help each person customize the sizing and calculate exactly how much yarn they will need for the project. There are lots of photos to walk you through each step of the process from warping the loom to taking that first cut into your new fabric and sewing the simple pieces together. I used the lovely Tandem yarn by Tahki Stacy Charles with 3/2 Cotton. Cotton Classic, by Tahki could be substituted for the 3/2 Cotton. Next up will be a version of this vest for multi-harness weavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment