Friday, July 10, 2009

Dye Pots and More Shibori

Just before heading to Denver for a 4th-of-July weekend getaway, I quickly mixed up two dye pots - one with torquoise and the other with olive green. My latest flax blend fabric was submerged. The base color was a light sage. The shibori effect is very subtle on the turquoise which is nice. But I prefer the olive green with lots of contrast.

With this fabric I created a vest. Here are two versions. I personally like the short length since I love to do layering. And this little thing can easily be thrown on over a tank for a quick summer cover-up or to take the chill off from a too-cool air conditioner.
I took the long version of the vest down the street to ArtSpace where the summer intern, Isabelle, tried it on. I think she looks real cute and retro in this vest. Thanks, Isabelle for being my model.

In the same dyepot, I threw in a pale gold chenille scarf with sections of shibori. I really like how it turned out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment