Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Jacket in An Afternoon

I started out the week working on this warp. Bor-ing! Even though I know the final fabric will be dyed to make more of the Boho jackets, I still was totally bored.

So for a break, I let my eyes wander to my yarn shelf and impulsively grabbed cones that spoke me. Then I did a bit of wrapping and laying yarns together. I used thin and chunky chenille yarns along with two ribbon yarns and some thick and thin gold rayon. I liked it so much, I couldn't wait so I pulled out my warping mill.

How quickly I distracted myself but what fun. Here are the warp chains ready to set up the small loom for my next wide scarves. So I did just that, set up the loom. . .
. . . and this morning I started weaving it. I got about a half a scarf done when I got bored again. So what do I do, you might ask? Well, I saw some shibori dyed flax fabric from last year that I had stuck on my shelf because I didn't have a clue what to do with it. And my Ah-ha moment. Earlier this summer I designed new a
jacket in chenille. I knew I wanted to tweek. Well, below is my next version of this jacket. I love it! And I also love it when the creative juices are flowing like this. This is my new favorite. And it all came together in an afternoon! Now if I could just get the weaving elves to come in tonight and weave off the boring stuff, I could make more fun garments to wear!

Front View Side View

Detail of fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment