Thursday, May 21, 2009

Circle of Friends Project

A few weeks ago I completed another Circle of Friends scarf as a gift for a member of my daughter's music group, Safonia. I've done several of these scarves and every time I am once again struck by how emotionally moving it is for me. When I read the messages that are submitted for the project, I'm always reminded how precious our lives are and how important it is to be there for our friends - especially through the difficult times. I don't know the recipient of this scarf, but I know she has been an incredible inspiration to my daughter Brooke and I wish her peace on her journey.

Here is one of the messages that I found especially moving:

As swimmer dare to lie face to the sky
and water bears them,
as hawks rest upon air
and air sustains them,
so would I learn to attain freefall, and float
into Creator Spirit's embrace,
knowing no effort earns
that all-surrounding grace
-Denise Levertov

No comments:

Post a Comment