Friday, May 29, 2009

Correction on the Linen

I discovered that what I called linen is in fact a blend of rayon, cotton and flax. It had been so long since I ordered it, I'd forgotten. It was pretty stiff like linen on the loom but softened up nicely after washing.

Since my first piece, I wove a scarf using plain weave sett at 12 epi. I was worried it would be too stiff, but I really like the texture and drape. This yarn is also a slub which gives it more interest.

For my next project I used a huck lace pattern adapted from Handwoven March/April 2008. This time I used a looser sett of 10 epi. I love the twists in the pattern. After finishing, I've decided I prefer the tighter sett better. And I'm totally bored with these browns and oranges. I think it's time for some color.

No comments:

Post a Comment