Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eggcitement 2009

Eastern New Mexico Art Space here in Tucumcari recently held their Eggcitement fundraising event of donated Egg Art.

I am happy to announce that I am now the proud owner of an original Amado Pena painted ostrich egg. His studio and gallery are located in Santa Fe. His work is absolutely incredible. The colors are vibrant in oranges, blues, purples, browns and torquoise. The images are abstract Native American people and artifacts -- very much his signature style. As far as I know, there is only one other egg of this type that he has done which was donated to the last Eggcitement event. I will cherish this work or art and maybe even create a woven fabric inspired by the colors.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That egg is beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it's crazy wonderful! I'm still in shock that Carl bought it for me.

    ReplyDelete