Friday, January 22, 2010

Thinking Spring

It's been a harder than usual winter here this year. So what do I do? I think spring and lighter fabrics and colors.

I've simply procrastinated weaving with the bamboo on my shelf. I've also never created a garment with this wonderfully soft and silky yarn. Now seemed like as good a time as any.
This week I warped my loom and adjusted my weaving techniques for fine and very soft threads. I added a novelty ribbon from my stash which shows as a definite stripe in the fabric. I chose a simple twill pattern with the warp threads a tad darker than the weft.
The finished fabric was lovelier than lovely - ohhhh baby! It's so soft - like a kitten's nose.
After placing it on Manny manikin as a partially sewn garment, it still wasn't speaking to me as a good designed piece should. So, I embellished the front with additional ribbon and, voila! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment