Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Flowers, Dogs and Birds

I'm sitting outside of a coffee shop where it's cold and breezy trying to get some work done on the internet before Carl returns from the grocery store. This hot spot is really slow! I hope it works!



Every morning a new flower has opened it’s face to the world. The hummingbirds are here but wary of us. They visit their feeder when we don’t appear to be around. We see one perching on a tree in the distance. We think they may have a nest there. The dogs wake us up at dawn so with our coffee mugs we enjoy the early mornings and exploring this secluded habitat. I’ve found my perfect spot in the morning sunshine in which to do my yoga. A breeze blows and the windchimes sing. The animals mostly have adjusted to us. But I’ve decided to keep my distance from Taki the parrot who bit my finger enough to draw blood. She favors Carl and enjoys sitting on his shoulder.

Meet Some of the animals

Yesterday we spent the morning in Santa Fe. Carl enjoyed the library while I browsed through the stores and admired the Indian jewelry in the square. It was almost too much to take in.
I must go for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post again before we leave this wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment