Since I last posted I've been busy shipping and receiving shipments. I finished weaving the green ribbon warp. The blue dupioni silk fabric I had planned to sew with it was too purple-blue. It was a great color and I hated to see it go, but I overdyed it with yellow using the "unscientific" method of guessing at proportions. First I dyed a small swatch which actually turned out a great khaki green. But for the final dye bath I went with less yellow dye. It took the edge off the purplish part. Now the fabric is more of a denim blue -- not as exciting or exactly what I was going for, but it will work perfectly well. Things do have a way of working themselves out -- well most of the time anyway.
Final Dyed Dupiani Fabric
In between the studio/office work I've managed to move my plants from my solar room out into my carport to begin the adjustment process for summertime outside. We put the covers on the sky lights several weeks ago but even with the windows all covered, it's still quite hot out there on a sunny day. I moved my glass-topped table and chairs out into the back garden as well. All that's left in my sun room is my wicker chair and an empty plant shelf and a very dirty tile floor from the dead leaves that were hiding behind my plants. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
I've also spent some time weeding in the garden. It's amazing how hardy these weeds are here in the West. Roots grow deep and strong so it's a constant battle to keep the beds clean.