Saturday, April 28, 2007

Chaos Has Passed


The chaos has passed -- at least for the moment. After boxes of fabric and pieces laying everywhere in my studio, a new design evolved using some of my leftover purple chenille pieces. My first idea of sewing small pieces to a foundation fabric didn't work out. It was too stretchy. Instead, I worked with larger pieces. It was going to be a jacket, but somehow it turned into a loose and unstructured shirt with sleeves. The weight is more that of a heavy sweater. This should fit anyone from size medium/large to extra large.

I can't seem to get the color right on these photos. This is a really deep and rich purple blend woven of yarns in three shades of purple from a fuchsia purple to a almost navy blue purple. Some of the pieces were woven and dyed with a shibori technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment